This guide provides instructions for system administrators upgrading their existing LawMaster environments.
Before you Start
If part of your LawMaster server software is hosted, decide who installs each server component. For example, your configuration may be one of the following hosting scenarios:
- Database and DMS hosted by LawMaster: Complete the application software upgrade on all computers in your organisation running LawMaster and ignore the server software upgrade. LawMaster will complete the server upgrade for you. Please contact your Account Manager to get the server upgrade scheduled.
- Database and DMS hosted with another company: Complete the application software upgrade on all computers in your organisation running LawMaster. Send all server software files and the relevant parts of this guide to your host.
- All server components in-house: follow all instructions below.
- DMS in-house and database hosted: Install all files except the database server. Send the following files and the relevant parts of this guide to your host
- LawMaster Administration Vxx.y.nnnn
- PracticeManagement ApplicationService Vxx.y.nnnn
To upgrade LawMaster:
Always apply a new LawMaster release to your training environment and test it before applying it to your production environment.
If part of your LawMaster environment is outsourced, read the article: 'Upgrade the Software Server'.