Welcome to the LawMaster Knowledge Base
Your one stop resource for everything LawMaster - from the initial setup, to usage of all the functionality LawMaster has to offer. You can also use this space to search and view the various help topics, create best practices and common problem articles.
Old Request System
If you would like to view your requests created before 04/06/2018 please click here.
Recently Updated Articles
Popular Articles (By Label)
Popular Labels count 10
Elasticsearch - Log4j2 Security Update
On December 9, 2021 a high severity vulnerability was announced in the Apache Log4j 2 module, commonly referred to as Log4Shell or CVE-2021-44228 ESA-2021-31.
The Elasticsearch Advanced Search feature in use by LawMaster, from the Portugal release onwards, makes use of this module. In accordance with the latest information available from Elastic here, all customers on a Portugal version or above (10.14.361 or higher) of LawMaster require a minor change to a configuration setting on the Elasticsearch server in order to fully protect it. This change has already been made for all hosted services and as such, hosted customers do not need to take any action. If your Document Management server is not hosted by LawMaster, then please refer the below instructions to your IT/Managed Service Provider for action.
For Portugal releases or above using Elasticsearch 7.7.1:
1. Connect to your Elasticsearch server (typically the LawMaster Application server) using a user with Administration rights.
2. Navigate to the Elasticsearch JVM configuration directory. By default this should be: C:\ProgramData\Elastic\Elasticsearch\config\jvm.options.d
3. Create a text file in this directory called “jvm.options”. Note that Administration rights will be required to save changes in this location. If this file already exists, go to the next step.
4. Edit the “jvm.options” file created and add the two lines below:
o # Elasticsearch remediation for Log4J/Log4Shell exploit
5. Save the “jvm.options” file.
6. Open the “Services” application
7. Location the Elasticsearch service, right click and select Restart. Note that this will cause a brief outage on all Elasticsearch searching and indexing.
Please contact the Helpdesk if you need any further support with implementing this fix.
- Login and Layout
- Grid Lists
- Searching and Adding Entities
- Plural Entities
- Searching and Adding Matters
- Time Entries
- Matter Parties - Contacts
- Add Folios to LawMaster
- Create Document from LawMaster
- Client Portal
- Forms Workbench
- NCE Workflow
- End-of-Month Roll Over
- Trust Bank Reconciliation - Trust Reports
- GST Cash Reconciliation
- GST Accrual Reconciliation
- Resource Budget
- Getting Help
- Bank Reconciliation
- Charge Rates
- Cheque Requisitions
- Client Web Access
- Digital Signatures
- Document Versioning
- End of Financial Year - Australia
- End of Financial Year - New Zealand
- End of Month Roll
- File Referrals
- General Ledger Postings
- Hardware and Software Minimum requirements
- Helpdesk Procedures
- Payroll Journals
- Mailroom Processing
- Marketing Processes
- Matter Parties
- Payroll & Personnel Quick Reference Guide
- Practice Management Sample Forms
- Reverse Merge
- SignIT Document - Electronic Document
- Single Touch Payroll
- Subject Files
- Time Recording
- v10.14 (Portugal R2)
- v10.14 (Portugal)
- v10.13 (Canada R2)
- v10.13 (Canada)
- v10.12 (Sweden)
- v10.11.632 (Estonia R2)
- v10.11.396 (Estonia)
Click here for the LawMaster Development Policy